Ahmed Rilwan (@moyameehaa)

Ahmed Rilwan Abdulla (@moyameehaa) a Maldivian Journalist has been missing since 8 August 2014. He was last seen on CCTV at the Hulhumale' ferry terminal.

He was wearing a black shirt, black trousers, black shoes with white soles and carrying a black backpack.
Rilwan is 28 years old, of medium build and 5 feet 10 inches tall, sporting a short beard and moustache.

Police unable to find evidence connecting Rilwan’s disappearance with Hulhumalé abduction

Police have revealed they find no “concrete evidence” to connect the August 8 disappearance of Minivan News journalist Ahmed Rilwan Abdulla with a reported abduction on the same evening.

“The police investigation has not found any concrete evidence so far of a connection between Ahmed Rilwan Abdulla’s disappearance and the incident that occurred near his flat in Hulhumale’ on the night of 7 August 2014,” read a statement released today.

Neighbours of Rilwan reported seeing a man fitting his description being pushed into a vehicle outside of his apartment at around 2pm. A knife is believed to have been recovered from the scene of the crime.

Police have today said the ongoing investigations have failed to confirm that anyone saw or spoke to Rilwan after midnight.

A witness who claimed to have sat next to Rilwan on the 1am ferry has explained to Minivan News that the police’s reluctance to place Rilwan in Hulhumalé is a result of his inability to confirm whether he exited the ferry.

The Malé-Hulhumalé ferry terminates in Hulhumalé. The Hulhumalé terminal had no CCTV in operation at the time in question.

Minivan News has spoken to the witness on a number of occasions, and he has clearly identified himself on the CCTV footage.

Additionally, the witness was able to confirm the clothes Rilwan was wearing at a time when the last people to see Rilwan in Malé on August 7 had mistakenly recalled him wearing a turquoise shirt.

Police have today said that other people appearing on the ferry terminal footage that evening are among the 128 persons questioned as part of the investigation.

Today’s statement is the first official update on the investigation since September 4.